We’re 12 days into the new year, and most people have probably broken their resolutions by now. However, if your resolution is still intact, and involves one of the following:
- Being more active in the community
- Learning more about human rights
- Doing more for others
- Serving non-profits and/or other organizations working on social issues
Then tomorrow is the time to start! The Amnesty International St. Louis group is having their first meeting of the year Wednesday, Jan. 13. If you want to uphold your resolution this year or simply get involved with human rights and a vibrant community group, then here’s your chance. Below are the details of tomorrow’s meeting:
- Who: Amnesty Local Group #105 and anyone interested in human rights
- What: Amnesty Business Meeting
- When: 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Hartford Coffee Company at 3974 Hartford St, 63116
- Why: To start preparing for another year of activism and to learn more about human rights issues happening domestically and abroad
You Don’t Have to Be a Human Rights Expert to Attend!
If you don’t know a lot about human rights and haven’t been involved in anything like Amnesty International before, then that’s okay! We’re constantly learning ourselves, as the different issues change regularly and we learn more as Amnesty and other organizations continue to do human rights research.
So, don’t let that stop you! We’re happy to answer any questions you may have! If you’re also interested in working one or two specific human rights issues, then that’s great. In fact, if that’s you, then you should definitely attend this meeting as that’s part of what we’ll think and talk about. We haven’t made any decisions for what we’ll do or what issues we’ll work on in 2016, so please attend if you want to have a say in our human rights activism for the year.
Hope to see you tomorrow!