The Amnesty International St. Louis group will be holding its 2016 strategic planning meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 10, starting at 7 p.m. Instead of meeting at Hartford Coffee Company, we will be meeting at Saint Louis University’s Pius XII Library (pictured) in room 101C. The reason for the location change is that Hartford closes at 9 p.m., and this meeting may run longer than two hours. Pius is also more conducive to this type of meeting, and with an Einstein’s Bagel Bros. located inside, the coffee should be just as good.
What’s the Strategic Planning Meeting?
The Strategic Planning Meeting is a chance for the group to determine what human rights issues we’d like to work on, what types of events we want to have, and what we want to prioritize in 2016. If you want to have a say in any of these things, then it would be great if you attend the meeting!
You don’t have to have previously attended an Amnesty STL, or have experience working with human rights and/or Amnesty International, to attend the Strategic Planning Meeting. If you have ideas about what human rights issues we should work, or some great event ideas, or if you simply want to get started in human rights activism, then please join us!
Here are a couple of things to think about to prepare for the meeting:
- What human rights issues should Amnesty work on this year?
- What should we prioritize as a group i.e. membership, human rights awareness, fundraising, recruitment?
- What kinds of events should be have to accomplish our goals?
- What should our goals as a group be for 2016?
Meeting Details Recap
- Who – Amnesty STL and fellow human rights activists
- What – Strategic Planning Meeting
- When – Feb. 10 from 7 p.m. to ~10 p.m.
- Where – Saint Louis University’s Pius XII Library, Room 101C
- Why – To figure out what we want to do for the rest of 2016
Hopefully we’ll see you there!