Amendments from the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act are hitting the Senate floor RIGHT NOW. Please call your Senators, and urge others to do the same. Here’s a sample script (or email):
I urge Senator__________to vote AGAINST any detention provisions in the NDAA that would keep Guantanamo open or continue indefinite detention and unfair trials for any person, whether citizen or not.
In particular, I urge you to support removal of the following sections of the 2012 NDAA in the 2013 NDAA: 1021, 1022, 1027 and 1028.
I also urge you to vote against the following amendments offered to the 2013 NDAA:
- SA. 3018: Feinstein Amendment on Detention
- SA. 2976: Inhofe Amendment on Detention
- SA. 2998: Ayotte Amendment on Detainee Transfers
- SA. 2999: Ayotte Amendment on Long-Term Detention Outside U.S.
- SA. 3004: Ayotte Amendment on Notifying Congress about al-Qaeda members
- SA. 3010: Sessions Amendment on Using Naval Vessels for Captured Individuals
- SA. 3011- 1013: Sessions Amendments on Gitmo
Thank you for your urgent attention and action in this matter.